This Saturday from 2 to 6 p.m. behind the Westcott Theater, the Daily Orange is hosting its inaugural Beats + Eats—a celebration of food and music. And since you won’t be doing anything else the day after Block Party anyway (except maybe nursing a hangover), Beats + Eats is the place to go, and here’s why.
1. The weather. It’s supposed to be 52 degrees on Saturday, which is basically summer in Syracuse. It’s not only the perfect weather to rage, but also the perfect excuse to wear that Block Party tank top you picked up in Schine last week.
2. The wings. The Daily Orange is hosting its 4th Annual Wing Eating Contest during Beats + Eats. The winner gets $500 and all participants receive a Wings over Syracuse gift card. Kicking yourself for not applying to compete? It’s not too late. Head over to their website to find out how you can sign up.
3. Free swag. 20 Watts will be giving away copies of our spring issue, guitar picks, and stickers, so be sure to stop by for those.
4. The food truck rodeo. You absolutely read that correctly. Five local food trucks will be serving food to guests at Beats + Eats. Participants include Recess Coffee, Bacon Brothers (BACON. BROTHERS. BACON.), PB & J’s Lunch Box, Wings over Syracuse, and Gannon’s Isle Ice Cream.
5. Most importantly, the beats. You’ll be able to hear music from SU’s own The Miles Kept, Ben Fiore, MARVELiTO, Orange Appeal, and ToTs and Pale Green Stars. If you’ve never seen this Syracuse-area rapper spit verses about his love for potatoes, you’re in luck.